Monday, June 6, 2016

Meet Up With John and Pam

Today John and Pam Taylor completed the first leg of their journey to Alaska by driving from Lexington, Kentucky to Calgary in about a week.  They are pulling a 29 foot Jayco trailer, compared to the 21 footer Mary and I are pulling.  The fun begins.
It was 87 degrees in the shade. I am not kidding.

They don't call it Bow River's Edge RV Park for nothing.  The water is so clean, I gave Bean a bath by having him go for a swim, then soaping him up, then having him swim again until the soap was off.  I asked some locals if this would be okay:  "Hey, you're in Canada, eh?" Pam and John followed suit and gave Dory a bath the same way when they arrived. 

Unbeknownst to us, MacKay's Ice Cream shop is something of a Canadian institution. On Saturday Mary and I drove by. When we saw 50 people in line (no kidding) I thought they must be giving it out for free. We checked it out on Monday. It was not free.  $13 for 3 scoops and waffle cones, but it is very good. People drive from Calgary just to visit the shop:  25 miles or so. 

 http://www.mackaysicecream.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think.